What purposes do we use your personal data for?
Comgest S.A., as data controller, uses your personal data for recruitment purposes only, i.e. to evaluate your suitability for any position for which you may apply at Comgest.
Providing your personal data is necessary for us to review your application and aptness for a role in Comgest. If you do not provide us with such information or if you choose to remove your details from our database, we may not be able to perform such review and potentially offer you to enter into an employment contract with us.
What is our legal basis for processing?
We use your personal data for recruitment purposes (i) in connection with us taking steps at your request prior to entering into a contract we may have with you and/or (ii) it is in our legitimate interest to use personal data to ensure that we can make the finest hiring decisions for Comgest.
Who do we share your data with?
We maintain in Paris, France, a recruitment database, which is accessible by our HR teams in any of Comgest affiliates so that we are able to approach you about possible opportunities in any part of our Group. A list of our Comgest affiliates current locations can be found here.
Some Comgest Group entities may be located outside the EU/EEA, in countries which do not offer the same level of protection to your personal data. Internal transfers within Comgest Group from Comgest European entities to non-EU/EEA Comgest entities will be made pursuant to agreements that incorporate the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses. Where applicable, you are entitled, upon a written request sent via email to email@example.com, to receive a copy of the relevant provisions of the contracts including the appropriate safeguards (for example, Standard Contractual Clauses) that have been taken to protect your personal data.
For how long does Comgest retain your personal data?
If we do not hear from you after contacting you for an opportunity or if we currently have no opportunity matching your skills, we will keep your documents (including personal data) on file for future employment opportunities within our company for a maximum period of two years as from the last contact with you (renewable once, only to the extent that a specific job vacancy requires so).
Conversely, if you are retained for a position within Comgest, we will keep the documents (including personal data) you have provided for the duration of your employment relationship with us and applicable statute of limitation.
What are your rights with respect to your personal data?
You have the following rights:
- The right to request access to personal data that Comgest maintains about you, as well as the right to request rectification of any personal data that is inaccurate, incorrect or incomplete;
- The right to receive all such personal data which you have provided to Comgest in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and also to require us to transmit it to a third party where this is technically feasible and under specific circumstances;
- The right to erasure of your personal data under specific circumstances;
- The right to restrict our processing of your personal data under specific circumstances; where your personal data is subject to restriction, we will (with the exception of storage) only process it with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to object to processing: when the processing is based on legitimate interest grounds, you have the right to object to that processing at any time. If you object, we must stop that processing unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms, or we need to process the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or place of alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of your Personal Data infringes applicable law. For instance, French supervisory authority may be contacted at https://www.cnil.fr/fr/agir or by regular mail: CNIL, 3 Place de Fontenoy, TSA 80715, 75334 Paris – Cedex 07.
A list of the other data protection supervisory authorities is available at: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
To obtain further information or ask any questions, exercise any of the above rights or for any queries regarding Comgest’s processing of your personal data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send a written request to: Comgest S.A., Human Resources Department, 17 Square Edouard VII, 75009 Paris, France.
Last updated: 11 June 2018
©All rights reserved.